Sunday, September 28, 2008

Make money with Ebay and Craigslist

Craigslist and Ebay are both very powerful sales websites and when used together, one can make a good amount of money online in a short amount of time. We will get started using Craigslist.

When I first started "trying" to make money online, my first choice was Ebay. The reason that I chose Ebay was that I have had some friends who have done really well with it. This served as inspiration for me. I tried dropshipping, wholesaling, and much more but none of that worked for me. What worked for me was using Craigslist and Ebay together.

I have always been good at computers and repairing them, so when I get on Craigslist, I look for cheap or broken laptops. I pick laptops rather than desktops because of the fact that they are very easy to ship via USPS. For example, a few days ago, I found a Toshiba 3.2ghz P4 laptop for $350 on craigslist. I called the seller up and asked him if he wanted to meet me the same day to sell it, he agreed and I bought it. I brought it home and immediately listed it on Ebay. I even used the pictures of it that he had on craigslist. After a 3 day listing, it ended up selling at auction for $504. So I made a profit of around $150 in under a week with only about an hour or less of work.

Another thing that I do is buy broken laptops off of Ebay or Craigslist and repair them and resell them. I can make anywhere from $50 to $400 in pure profit when I sell them on Ebay. If I buy a broken one off of ebay, then I can use the same box that I got it in to ship it to my buyer in.

No comments: